Recently, I listened to something from Jeff Henderson that really challenged me in my thinking. I am going to talk more about this in an upcoming post called #formuncie. For now, let me say that the challenge was simply to find ways as an individual to be more about the community. He challenges his listeners to shop local, eat local, and support local people in the community. With that inspiration in mind, I wanted to make a list of places in Muncie that I think are the BEST OF MUNCIE. Keep in mind this is my opinion. Feel free to add to this list but please keep all comments positive. This list is in no particular order and I'm only going to quickly comment on each place. I am not giving a full review or anything like that. Here we go.
1. Caffeinery - 401 S Walnut St, Muncie, IN 47305 - This place might be my favorite place to go in Muncie. I hope that so many people keep going there that they have to expand and make it bigger. The coffee is great with tons of variety and the bakery items are out of this world. The strawberry donuts should be illegal. They are rarely available but when they are it is like Christmas all over again.
2. Twin Archers - 117 W Charles St, Muncie, IN 47305 - This place has incredible food, wings, and an awesome atmosphere. The service is always polite and they take great care of the customers. The brunch on Sunday is ridiculously good and more food than one person could possibly eat.
3. Domo - 3124 N Granville Ave, Muncie, IN 47303 - This place was my introduction to sushi and Japanese style food. It is one of the best places to eat in Muncie despite its out of the way location and not so appealing decor. The food is amazing and the service is great.
4. Savages - 127 N High St, Muncie, IN 47305 - Again, not to go on and on about the food BUT THE FOOD! This is a great hangout spot and an awesome place to get delicious bar food. I've yet to get something from here I didn't like. Love the food and love the people that work here.
5. The Salon & Spa - 2606 W Jackson St, Muncie, IN 47303 - This is where I go to get my haircut and I go here for one main reason - Melissa Bjerke. She is the best in town and one of the greatest people I know. I refer people to her often. Prices are fair and competitive and the atmosphere is inviting and comfy. It is more than a haircut.
6. Muncie Music Center - 600 S Mulberry St, Muncie, IN 47305 - Great store and great service. It is much bigger now and way easier to shop around at their new location.
7. Washington Street Toy Emporium - 500 E Washington St, Muncie, IN 47305 - My kids love this place. If you like old fashioned vintage toy shops this is your place. She has great toys and is a blast to talk with. They also have a wide selection of Harry Potter collectables and toys. That is my favorite part.
8. Clemens Seamless Guttering - 7008 S 300 W, Muncie, IN 47302 - This might be an odd thing to put on this list but I mention it because of the service. These guys are incredible and Shawn has been to my rescue on more than one occasion. If you need anything done like gutters, roofing, or other home repairs call these guys. He is definitely one of the best.
9. US Architects - 9200 W Smith St, Yorktown, IN 47396 - Again, probably a strange place to make this list but it is about the people. I have never done business with them personally, but I know these people are amazing. They work hard, care about their clients, and will go out of their way to do the best job possible. At the end of the day, I believe they care about people not just the job.
10. Black Sword Alliance - 604 W McGalliard Rd, Muncie, IN 47303 - Lastly, I put these guys on this list because they do incredible work. The atmosphere rocks with the music and artwork all over the walls. Josh and Sam are great people and they are a lot of fun to follow on Instagram too. As a business they are quick about getting you in for appointments and the prices are very fair. I would say better than most.
- Victors - 700 S Tillotson Ave, Muncie, IN 47304
- Ninja of Japan - 831 S Tillotson Ave, Muncie, IN 47304
- Awards Plus - 610 W McGalliard Rd, Muncie, IN 47303
- American Chevrolet - 6580 W Hometown Blvd, Muncie, IN 47304
This was a fun post to think through and I am sure I missed some places. Please let me know of any places you like and that make up the BEST OF MUNCIE. I tried to keep everything local but feel free to mention any place you think is the worthy of being called the BEST. Have a great day.