I love making lists and one of my favorite lists is a top 10 books, movies, shows, podcasts, songs, or whatever lists. Here are my top 10 books of 2018. These are all books I read last year and think that you might be interested in. Some of these books were read for personal growth as Christian. I read others to help me grow in my leadership skills. There are a couple of books on this list that I read simply to grow in my knowledge of historical events. Some of them are super nerdy books about difficult Bible concepts and Theology.
Rather than explain each book, I will list the title, author, and give a very small explanation of the books general topic.
10. SEVEN DAYS THAT DIVIDE THE WORLD by John C. Lennox - This is a great tool for anyone leading Bible studies and wanting to better understand the creation account. This book will reframe how you think about the seven days of creation.
9. THERE IS MORE by Brian Houston - Personal spiritual growth book.
8. MEETINGS SUCK by Cameron Herold & DEATH BY MEETING by Patrick Lencioni - These two books are all about how to conduct better meetings. If you lead meetings, please read one or both of these books.
7. THE LIKE SWITCH: An Ex-FBI Agent’s Guide to Influencing, Attracting, and Winning People Over - Great book for building influence and connecting with people.
6. THE WRIGHT BROTHERS by David McCullough - The incredible story of the Wright Brothers.
5. DIDN’T SEE IT COMING by Carey Nieuwhof - A personal leadership and spiritual growth book on how to deal with and overcome burnout.
4. NEVER SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It by Chris Voss - A book on how to negotiate in life, work, business, parenting, and relationships.
3. CULTURE WINS by William Vanderbloemen - The number one leadership book I read last year on how to understand and create a winning culture.
2. IRRESISTIBLE: Reclaiming the New Testament that Jesus Unleashed for the World by Andy Stanley - A life-changing look at how our faith is anchored to the event of Jesus’ death and resurrection on the cross and nothing else.
1 EVERYBODY ALWAYS: Becoming Love in a World Full of Setbacks and Difficult People by Bob Goff - A beautiful look at how we should live a life of love and adventure.
There are so many great books out there and this doesn’t even come close to covering all those that are worth reading. I hope you will consider checking some of these out. They have all challenged me, encouraged me, or changed my life and thinking in some way. I would encourage you to never stop learning. We have a vast collection of resources right at our fingertips, don’t miss out on the chance to learn from the great minds of our world.
Have a great week, friends. Love MORE and Do MORE for others.
Photo by Clem Onojeghuo on Unsplash